PDA

View Full Version : Firefox acting weird

Atomicpunk
08-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Firefox my primary browser since whoever brought it up some while back around here is acting wacky. It does not save my passwords or even login names, and on some websites like this one it will log me in auto when I click the link and sometimes not. My settings havent changed since it has been installed the first time and I have uninstalled it 2 times without any change. I prolly have to delete the registry entries also should that help?

JoseyWales
08-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Maybe its trying to keep you from something the gov't doesn't want you to know about AP?

Sparhawk
08-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Uninstall it and then search for every single folder you can with the name of Mozilla in it. Mostly residing in \documents and settings\your username\application date or \your username\local settings\ etc...

Easier to just search for it.

Then either manually go through the reg and remove all references to Firefox.
Becareful, searching mozilla because lots of it will refer to IE (given that IE is actually based on mozilla anyway)

18bravo
08-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Are you deleting your cookies, or does firefox not use that?

NewMerlin
08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
make sure you have cookies enabled.

Also registry cleaners/spam removers will sometimes clean out cookies for you also.

JoseyWales
08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
No no, the cookie cleaning is to be done by Bobo... Didn't you guys see his memo?

Atomicpunk
08-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Webroot spy sweeper is what I use. It's prolly doin it then. it is also giving IE newest ver the same treatment. Hmmm thanks for all the help gents, and a special thanks to the heckler in the back row:rofl: "hell yeah babie"

Atomicpunk
08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
ok also the browser doesnt remember all the login names and passwords to pages that allow you to save the info or remember that is, like hotmail's log in page will not always open up with all my login name completely typed in the box like it use to do it will leave part of the name, Also my settings are allowing cookies to be allowed with zero exceptions

Sparhawk
08-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Uninstall using the information I provided below and then reinstall completely fresh. Make sure all your profiles etc. are deleted.

Kzin
08-09-2007, 02:30 AM
Spyware programs sometimes tell you that you have tracking cookies or other cookies that are dangerous. In reality most websites, and I'm sure the vBulletin does, use a cookie to store your login information so you don't have to log in every time. If spy sweeper is deleting the cookies, that is your problem. Perhaps you can tell it to not be so thorough and wipe out everything, let it leave you firefox cookies alone.

Knami
08-10-2007, 10:01 PM
yea man i agree wit every1 here i am using firefox now and it never did that to me.

Sparhawk
08-10-2007, 10:13 PM
What EXACTLY are your agreeing with ? !! :/ !

Skysz
08-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Maybe its trying to keep you from something the gov't doesn't want you to know about AP?

agrees to that. :)

sorry i can't help but laugh. lol

Andy Cap
08-11-2007, 12:36 AM
I agree in general with the guys that are agreeing to stuff that they have not specifically pointed out that they agreed with, but not specifially to what the other people were more pointedly agreeing to.