PDA

View Full Version : How do I upload a video to our forums

Ripper1302
04-25-2009, 06:45 PM
I am fooling around with FRAPS and wanted to upload some 30 second clips from Fallout3 to the Fallout3 forum but don't know what to do since FRAPS outputs videos as .AVI and I don't see that as a supported option for uploading a file. I am not interested in uploading to YouTube. Is there a way to upload video directly to our forums?

Thanks.

Ripper1302

Andy Cap
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Upload it to You tube and then link it. That is what Meaty does.

Ripper1302
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Upload it to You tube and then link it. That is what Meaty does.

I would rather not share these videos with the world so I prefer not to use YouTube.

Ripper1302

L.B.Johnson
04-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Ripper:

If you just want simple video hosting of some of your Fallout 3 clip's, why don't you go to a place called "Photobucket", there they allow free uploading of video's, each video that they host is not allowed to be greater than 5 minutes and or 100mb's. I have enjoyed the video hosting option on my free Photobucket account. Here you go, click on the link provided, do a little research and I am sure you will find it to your liking.

http://photobucket.com/

This option will curb the need to have your video's hosted on such site as You Tube, I can kind of detect that you want to keep You Tube out of this.

Good luck.....

18bravo
04-26-2009, 02:22 AM
Last time I used Fraps and made a 30 second clip, it was over a half a GB in space. Don't know anything that will convert the file to a smaller format.