PDA

View Full Version : MW2 problem with 2 computers

exile
03-06-2010, 03:37 PM
I hope this is under the right heading. If not I would be obliged if a mod would move it :)

Sooo. LadyJane and I have gotten new rigs - Toshiba Satellite A505-S603 laptops (identical). Got them both from Newegg. We also both have gotten Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. We also have gotten a d-link dgl-4500 gaming router. I am up an running and having a blast playing online with God knows who. LadyJane has been playing the single player until last night when we tried to play the 2 player co-op. Same game, same machine, same network, she can't connect to IW Net. We are both able to browse the web. I have done the google and search other forums. I made sure to open the right ports for MW2, and turned a few things on and off. I have set the UDP and TCP endpoint filtering to endpoint independent, disabled SPI and UPnP, and enabled multicast streams. I am still able to get on, she is not. There is nothing in the game itself that I can see to change how it connects to the web/ servers, so I suspect it's a router problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Kzin
03-06-2010, 04:34 PM
If you are not on, can she get on?

exile
03-07-2010, 03:32 AM
No, she couldn't. It dawned on me to try and connect her computer via ethernet straight to the modem, but I actually tried it ethernet to the router. That's where the game showed the NAT set for strict and led me to www.infinityward.com/nat (it wouldn't even do that before). There it said to turn the UPnP on. I did that, the router restarted, I started up the game again, and then I was able to get on. I then tried the co-op thing again, and we were up and running. We put the squirts to bed and then got on and played for a few hours, had a blast! I'm lucky to have a wife who likes gaming. Anyways, I have no idea why what I did worked, but it worked. It's great to be back fragging, but still miss the good ole COD:UO days.

Kzin
03-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Glad you were able to get it to work. But, put down the warfail and join us in Bad Company 2...

Furious_George
03-07-2010, 01:00 PM
exile, there is a sign here. get battlefield bad company 2

exile
03-07-2010, 03:19 PM
exile, there is a sign here. get battlefield bad company 2

We probably will get it, but it might have to wait for birthday in July. That'll make a good 40th b-day present, eh? BFBC2 for me and the wife? Having fun with MW2 for now, and I don't think much of any DP are playing it right now. Besides, Cosmic has scared me to death of it. He's funny as hell tho.

http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6100

Not to be exclusive, but if we get Spidey, Bobo, Medic Ted, Meaty, Guy/Girl with a Gun, Vixen, OxDeadBeef, Buttercup, and of course, you, Furious (among others) - I might have to do some financial finagling to get it ;)