Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Pirates of the Burning Sea! - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea!

Quote Originally Posted by [DP]Monroe View Post
    Thats why I hate Sony. Lets just release without a beta. We can fix the bugs as we go and are raking in the cash. Either that game is already bitchin and they did a beta I didn't hear about or Sony is pulling their typical release stunts. I would bet Adam's bike that it's Sony pushing that game out too early.
    The game has been in Beta for months. In my original post I even showed where you can sign up for the Beta.

Sony JUST got brought into this game. The only reason Sony is involved is for their marketing and server infrastructure. The game is and always has been designed and planned by Flying Lab Software.

Here's a quote from the lead designer: A Deal With The Devil?

Flying Lab are now releasing Pirates of the Burning Sea through Sony Online Entertainment's Platform Publishing. Many fans were surprised at this decision, and a few were appalled. Flying Lab weren't really surprised at this reaction, as Isildur told us... "We read message boards, too, and there are a few former SWG players at FLS, as well as at least one current Vanguard player. SOE's reputation is a strange beast. On one hand, the most egregious 'mistakes' they've made weren't made by them at all -- they just caught all the flak for the mistakes of others. On the other hand, they've not always had the best relationship with their fans, and have had some trouble with managing expectations. We expected some of our long-time community members to be... concerned, at least.
    "Honestly, I think SOE is a great partner, and any fears you might have are wholly misplaced. I'm the Lead Designer, so if anyone was exerting control over the game's design in any way, I'd know about it. The places where SOE is involved are the places where we're not confident in our ability to succeed based only on in-house talent. We could write our own billing system, and we could do our own retail distribution, but SOE is really, really good at those things, so why should we take the risk?

"A lot of times I feel like we sound overly critical of SOE, and I want to correct that perception. SOE is a very competent organization, and they're willing to take risks to expand the MMO audience. They're not controlling the design not because we think they're dumb, but because design is one of our internal strengths at FLS. They're not controlling the servers not because we think they can't do it, but because server architecture and infrastructure is one of our internal strengths. We've defined our relationship with SOE in terms of what weaknesses we have, not what weaknesses they have."

----------
    I hope Adams wont be pissed you bet away his Bike.

Last edited by Kirium; 09-18-2007 at 07:46 PM.

SEPIUS EXERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATER INFINITAS "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

I really hope that ends up being right Kirium. I really do. I know a number of us signed up for beta, anyone get invited?

This has potential because SOE doesn't appear to taking over the game. If they handle marketing, distribution and billing thats great. If they start to take over the actual game management batten down the hatches.

lol. get it? batten down the hatches? I crack myself up.

Regardless of who is involved i will be there on day one with my DP mateys to try it out and conquer the world.

YAAARGH

It's not pay-to-play like WoW is it?

Avast!! Today be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/
    [DP]Cleveland

Pre-orders are going now, you can find it at EB Games and Amazon. Price is $49.99. If you pre-order you're able to play the games 15 days prior to launch.

To answer a few questions:

1. Is it pay to play? Yes, it will be pay to play just like WoW and other games.

2. The Beta currently is a closed beta from what I've read on their official forums the Beta has been ongoing for close to a year. what's crazy is reading posts on the official forums that go back to 4 yrs ago.

3. Here's the link to the forums, in case anyone missed it: http://www.flyinglab.com/forums/

4. One cool thing is to have a flag and sails custom designed and input into the game. Here is one I had done of a flag. A description of my flag: I plan on playing a merchant/freetrader , at least that's my current thought. So on the left of my flag is what is known as a "merchant's mark" , also the Phoenix is on the flag for no other reason than I think they are cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kirium; 09-19-2007 at 05:25 PM.

SEPIUS EXERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATER INFINITAS "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

We must have an official DP flag we fly over all our ships. I vote for the assotar. =) zomg that would be some funny shit in game. Talk about sea sick. hahaha

I crack myself up sometimes. =P

I will preorder today.

Can the flag be completely custom or do you have to use their in-house generator?

Arr! I'd be inclined to open me photoshop and fix the crew a fine signal to be sure.
    Never forget our brothers, [DP]Dracus and [DP]BluePhantom

Quote Originally Posted by Frateloder View Post
    Can the flag be completely custom or do you have to use their in-house generator?

Arr! I'd be inclined to open me photoshop and fix the crew a fine signal to be sure.
    Ok, this is weird, you guys apparently saw my reply with the flag attached, but I can't see my own reply! LOL

There are rules to the flag design and it has to be done in png format. also the colors must be of real time.

Here are some basic rules: http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page...ageKey=uc/help

** as an aside, I've had more problem posting on this stinking forum that I would have thought humanly possibly.

Something about posts have to be approved since it's on our frontpage.

Check this link out. I am no longer worried about SOE ruining this game. http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page...ticle_id=10349

I can't seem to find the info on the presale Kirium. I found it for sale on EB games but it seems like a normal sale. I want to be sure to get in on the presale early release deal.

Quote Originally Posted by [DP]Monroe View Post
    Something about posts have to be approved since it's on our frontpage.

Check this link out. I am no longer worried about SOE ruining this game. http://www.burningsea.com/pages/page...ticle_id=10349

I can't seem to find the info on the presale Kirium. I found it for sale on EB games but it seems like a normal sale. I want to be sure to get in on the presale early release deal.
    The pre-order was just announced today. Pre-orders begin apparently on October 23rd.

It looks as if some people released the news a bit early, however today the main site :http:www.burningsea.com is supposed to have a "special announcement" . So, either they are just going to release what's already leaked this morning or they are also go to add more to it.

Here's the press release on the pre-order though:

Pirates of the Burning Sea, the MMORPG featuring high seas action and adventure in a bold world of pirates and plunder, is scheduled to be available for pre-order starting Tuesday, October 23rd at participating retail locations.

Players who pre-order the game will receive the following:

* An invitation to the “Pre-Boarding Party” allowing them access to the live game up to 15 days prior to launch, and the ability to keep their characters, skills and equipment after launch with purchase of game and paid subscription (characters will have a level cap of 20 during the pre-boarding party)
    * Captain’s Best Friend – a blue and yellow parrot
    * Mighty Blades - Swedish Rapier, Old World Steel or Musketeer’s Matching Blades (depending upon which fighting style is selected)
    * Original Game Soundtrack CD – 60 minutes of pirate themed music (comes in pre-order box)

Pirates of the Burning Sea is scheduled to be available for preorder in North America on Tuesday, October 23, 2007. A European pre-order date has not been set at this time.

For more pre-order information on Pirates of the Burning Sea log onto
    http://www.piratesoftheburningsea.com

Also see this link for some press kits, etc and good screenshots:

http://www.soepress.com/product.asp?s=48

Thread Information