Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Announcement! Knights of the Old Republic MMO Now Official
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Gra, Dilseacht, Cairdeas BanSidhe's Avatar

Default Knights of the Old Republic MMO Now Official

Ever since it was announced in 2006, BioWare's massively multiplayer role-playing game has been shrouded in mystery. Though the Canadian developer opened a satellite studio in Austin, Texas, just to develop it, its cofounders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk maintained an iron wall of silence. However, Electronic Arts knew enough about the title to help convince the company to buy BioWare/Pandemic for $860 million last year.

Today, as E3 2008 wound down, the fog hanging around BioWare's MMORPG appears to have dissipated. Less than 72 hours after presiding over EA's own press event--where the project was nowhere to be found--CEO John Riccitiello almost casually revealed the MMORPG in question is a sequel of sorts to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

"We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," Riccitiello told Conde Nast Portfolio magazine. "The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about in partnership with Lucas [Arts is] coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry." When contacted by GameSpot, BioWare reps declined to comment further.

BioWare's first Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic game was released in 2003 for the original Xbox and PC, and was named the year's top RPG by GameSpot. An Obsidian Entertainment-developed sequel was released in 2004 and 2005 on the same two respective platforms. Both critically acclaimed games are set several thousand years before the events of the Star Wars films, and cast players as adventurers who eventually become powerful Jedi Knights.

Currently, the Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG is set for release sometime in 2009. Once it launches, it is unclear what will happen to LucasArts' current massively multiplayer title, the Sony Online Entertainment-developed Star Wars Galaxies.

Cleve, hold onto your hot pants cause this may be the game (to replace SWG) we have been wanting a long long time.

Default Re: Knights of the Old Republic MMO Now Official

Id rather play a Neverwinter nights mmo.

SWG was the best mmo I have played so far....was being the key word. Before SOE fucked it up it was great. Hopefully this one will be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by BanSidhe View Post
    Cleve, hold onto your hot pants cause this may be the game (to replace SWG) we have been wanting a long long time.

Yeah, baby!
    [DP]Cleveland

Ihek reborn? Monroe, SuperGrover ..eep
    mmm toast

Quote Originally Posted by [DP]Grigg View Post
    Ihek reborn? Monroe, SuperGrover ..eep

oh no... I will not hold you bags while you go shopping again!
    [DP]Cleveland

Never forget our brothers, [DP]Dracus and [DP]BluePhantom

Maybe by 2010

Oh that's just your avatar talking.

...and he's probably right.
    Never forget our brothers, [DP]Dracus and [DP]BluePhantom

Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to giving this game a shot. I just read...err skimmed...the article and it gave me the impression they are still a long ways off but hope for a 2009 release. They have 12 full time developers working only on content and say it won't be released until it's done.

Based on how much content goes into a game, 12 people working on it and the insane amount of work to be done after the content is done I am hoping for 2010. Testing alone should take many months before release. Time will tell but unless the beta sucks like potbs I'm planning on being there on day one regardless of when they finish it.

Thread Information