Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Anyone install the RTM version of Windows 7 yet?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    DP's Resident Asshat Blind Squirrel's Avatar

Default Anyone install the RTM version of Windows 7 yet?

If so, what version and what are your initial thoughts?

Default Re: Anyone install the RTM version of Windows 7 yet?

Will post my review next weekend when I have used it a bit. Quattrokungen wil be doing a windows7 post as well.

Got it at works...works well but so far I haven't been called on to do much more than install applications and make sure they work.

"Someone once said...size doesn't matter...it's the way you use it. That person apparently had a tiny pecker." - Defender2803

Installing mine this weekend.

dl'd the 29$ Student discounted home premium, will prolly install on the morrow(tomorrow)
    "You are 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it."

I also did the student discount. After a first botched install from the download file, I successfully have it running and its pretty cool! Its oriented to make you feel a part of a community and the new Windows media center has tons of features to it.

I personally like the slideshow desktop backgrounds and have a series of photos from MS's Bing on at the moment. Cool features so far: Mini tabs next to the start key, Snapping windows to top, right or left sides of the screen. When your desktop is cluttered with windows you can grab one frame and shake your mouse and all other windows will drop and be minimized.

The only problems i've noticing are the typical ones faced by 'early adopters' and that's the lack of driver support. I needed my network card drivers, sound card drivers and graphics card but this of course is to be expected.
    The other annoyance was that MS could not just give me a downloadable .iso so I could make my own boot disc, but after monkeying around with ImgBurn I created a boot disc from the 'expanded volume' from unpacking the stupid boxes. Only problem is -- the autorun.dll cannot run while windows is up and you have to power off the pc to boot from it -- and when I did that I needed dvd drive drivers... LOL

Overall its badass and I like it! Thumbs up! P.s. if you want the downloadable files I can find a way to send them, however getting your own cd key is your problem :)

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

North American Rep Furious_George's Avatar

Im waiting for my copy of 7 Ultimate in the mail. Got it for free when i bought a core i7 and mobo for it and a copy of vista ultimate

<a href=http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1177809341 target=_blank>http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/for...9&d=1177809341</a>
    All great truths begin as blasphemes
    Sir George Bernard Shaw
    In Vino Veritas
    *wisper*Sword of the Stars

I've had it on my desktop since I got it in mid August. I'm using Ultimate since I had the choice of Professional or Ultimate I figured why not go big. I'm also using 64 bit and haven't had any problems with anything.I had also used the beta for a while and I have to say that MS did a great job on this OS. All of my peripherals work with no problems. Much smoother than Vista all the way around.

I also installed Professional 32 bit on a co-workers laptop which was having issues with XP. It's faster than XP as well. It's obvious that MS learned from the Vista rollout and it's nice that the 3rd parties actually have drivers that work this time. Hopefully people aren't trying to use 7 with old hardware like they did with Vista, it's been a couple of years now so I'm assuming that many of the problems that there will be a lot more hardware that is compatible compared to when Vista came out.

Godspeed - [DP]Dracus & [DP]BluePhantom
    Dag was here...ohhhh, so that's what that smell was.

Quote Originally Posted by Depthcharge View Post
    I also did the student discount. After a first botched install from the download file, I successfully have it running and its pretty cool! Its oriented to make you feel a part of a community and the new Windows media center has tons of features to it.
    Anything I should know DC? I'm running XP Pro, and I know you have to do a custom install..... I wanna be a part of a community!!! Hehe...
    "You are 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it."

Druming Along

I have the upgrade for it that came with Vista 64 but upon installing Vista64 it hangs at 54% tried it 4 times . i woud rather have it than vista.

Thread Information