Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Anyone install the RTM version of Windows 7 yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone install the RTM version of Windows 7 yet?

yeah, just run the file and go walk away for a bit. No touchy anything while its installing and you'll be fine!

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

Druming Along

You funneh kid ya know

Been on Windows 7 Ultimate since the beta (on the RTM build 7600 now) - at work and at home. Havent had any trouble with drivers or stability. BIG step up from MS Vista. I'm loving it
    Last edited by Galadriel; 10-24-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Same here, Windows 7 Beta RC has been great.
    The ark was built by a single motivated individual,
    ˙˙˙sןɐnpıʌıpuı pǝuıɐɹʇ ʎןɥƃıɥ ɟo dnoɹƃ ɐ ʎq 'ɔıuɐʇıʇ ǝɥʇ

DP's Resident Asshat Blind Squirrel's Avatar

Bought 7 Professional last night. It is running now. Nice that I can effectivly use 4 GB of RAM over the 3 GB of RAM that I had installed for XP.

I had a couple of install glitches...unitl I read the instructions . Fired off then went and took a shower. Came back and it was finishing up. So far so good. Sticking with IE8 as my browser (for now). WoW and Vent. seem to be running with no problems. Will update after a few days.

Lifehacker.com has a lot of interesting articles on Windows7. One article shows how you can upgrade from the "beta" you installed months ago to the full version. Other articles cover upgrading issues seen when going from XP to W7. Worth a shot... be prepared before you start.

Anyone going from XP to W7 run into any serious issues other than drivers? Did your system state transfer over? All your programs still run?

I've got the $29 student upgrade too, but plan on doing a clean install since this install of XP is now almost 5 years old.....I'd like to just start totally fresh :) I went ahead and downloaded it but have the install disk coming in the mail too so I might just wait a few days till the disk shows up if the install from the download is going to be a pain

<sarcasm> I joined the old forum 11-19-02 and had 387 posts....0.2 posts per day, think I can keep that pace up here?</sarcasm>

North American Rep Furious_George's Avatar

One thing you guys have to be prepared with is if youre uprading from XP to 7 you have to format your hard drive for the install. The biggest thing you want to look into is if your hardware is compatibble. If youre running an old XP machine, then it might be an issue. If you got a newer system and just didnt want to go to vista and got XP instead, you should be just fine.

<a href=http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1177809341 target=_blank>http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/for...9&d=1177809341</a>
    All great truths begin as blasphemes
    Sir George Bernard Shaw
    In Vino Veritas
    *wisper*Sword of the Stars

yeah I ran the compatibility wizard deal and the only issues I have are a couple of outdated software ones...the machine is fine I just didn't ever feel that Vista was a "upgrade" from XP Pro....

<sarcasm> I joined the old forum 11-19-02 and had 387 posts....0.2 posts per day, think I can keep that pace up here?</sarcasm>

I love what I have been reading in regards to the new Windows 7, but unfortunately I am not in a very good financial position to afford it. I figure that maybe in about a year or so, I might upgrade. But for the moment Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit is doing me an ok job, it's not perfect, but it's doing the job for me. I will be keeping close tabs though on everyone's experiences in regards to Windows 7, it will give me a clue as to what I might deal with in the future, when I decide to use it.

[
    DP]L.B. Johnson

Thread Information