Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

TS3 Server issues - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: TS3 Server issues

I'm not sure if this is a TS3 issue or a provider issue. Did anyone experience these kinds of issues before we switched last week?

Godspeed - [DP]Dracus & [DP]BluePhantom
    Dag was here...ohhhh, so that's what that smell was.

Yes, these problems has increased over the last 1-2 weeks.
    Nothing new with theese type of errors that ppl keeps getting disconnected for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzin View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a TS3 issue or a provider issue. Did anyone experience these kinds of issues before we switched last week?
    This has only been an issue in my experience in the last 2 weeks, if not last week. I haven't been d/c'd but it has been intermittent at best to connect at various times during the day, i.e. lunch time to early evening, to later evening.
    "You are 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it."

We did switch to a new server provider last week, so if it started happening when we switched it would show that it isn't the software, but the provider.

I have only had issues the past couple of days/week

Quote Originally Posted by Kzin View Post
    We did switch to a new server provider last week, so if it started happening when we switched it would show that it isn't the software, but the provider.
    I can confirm that these issues have only been present with the new host.

I did a little reading - the numbers after the names are for multiple instances of a client - which leads me to believe that there is a HUGE latency issue with the server, or perhaps they are overloading the server with too many virtual servers per process (or too many total processes per machine) such that if there are too many people on, the server will hang, but not drop, and the clients will time out, and reconnect when the server resumes. The reason we would not have seen this is simply because we weren't using enough of our server's resources to cause it.

It's a guess, sure, but I'd bet I'm pretty close. Especially because large server farms like to operate at much higher average CPU loads - and if demand spikes, the service will suffer. I once saw a presentation by a guy trying to sell VMware say that we could keep CPU utilization between 70% and 90% (kind of a magic number.) Too bad he was barking up the wrong tree, it is neat technology.

This post is getting out of control, I better kill it before it becomes sentient.

Banned

It's ok.. Blather is often mistaken for a man too...

I know we haven't enforced it before, but could members please put on their tags on TS so we know who to give rights to? To change your nickname, edit your bookmark for our server and add your tags. Thanks!

I have found that most games work better witout TS3 running. I'm thinking we go Vent or back to TS2, just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by sPiDeY View Post
    I have found that most games work better witout TS3 running. I'm thinking we go Vent or back to TS2, just a suggestion.
    Really? That's kind of surprising.

Out of curiosity, do you have numbers? (I'm not calling you a liar, I just want to know what the difference is.)

Is it ping/lag/network related? FPS related?

Thread Information