Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Win 7 freezes

Thread: Win 7 freezes

Furry Little Sex Machine bunnyhuggrr's Avatar

Default Win 7 freezes

I'm getting random freezes and it's gotten bad enough that I'm considering going back to XP. I've tried all the suggested fixes I can find. It's a pity because it worked fine until about 2 weeks ago, why didn't system restore help at all? Any suggestions would be appreciated (keep them simple, pretend you're explaining it to Bobo).

Default Re: Win 7 freezes

Well,if you did a restore to a point prior to the freezez and they are still happening, perhaps it is hardware related?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

[DP]Andy Cap

Freezing can be hardware conflict

watch out first before assuming OS - as everyone here knows, much as I love to hit out at Micro-Shito-soft, some change or other happened two weeks ago -- a hardware update or other perhaps?

"I suffer from acute PonceyBritishSport-oPhobia - please dont cure me".
    "I happen to like cars - anything under 220BHP isnt a car - it's a Walmart shopping trolley.
    "Your days of fingerbanging Mary Jane Rottencrotch, through her purty pink panties, ARE OVER!"
    "We do not wash our pits in The Pool of Sacred Tears"

North American Rep Furious_George's Avatar

Whats the state of your power supply?? Have you done any hardware changes and maybe knocked the mobo around or some loose connections inside?? If you added hardware can your power supply handle the extra juice?? What is your pc running at temperture wise? it could be an over heating issue as well

<a href=http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1177809341 target=_blank>http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/for...9&d=1177809341</a>
    All great truths begin as blasphemes
    Sir George Bernard Shaw
    In Vino Veritas
    *wisper*Sword of the Stars

Negative on all diagnostics, no conflicts, psu fine, only possibility was NVidia update a couple weeks ago. Google search returned other users with identical symptoms: browser freezes followed by system freezes followed by complete lockup. Some blamed Flash, some AVG, some hardware conflicts. Anyhoo, I wiped the HD, reinstalled XP and am once again a happy Bunny. Thanks for the input.

I had to go back to an nVidia driver from February because I was having random BSOD just using windows and also crashes in BC2. Sounds like it was an nVidia problem for you too, not a Win7 problem.

Godspeed - [DP]Dracus & [DP]BluePhantom
    Dag was here...ohhhh, so that's what that smell was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzin View Post
    I had to go back to an nVidia driver from February because I was having random BSOD just using windows and also crashes in BC2. Sounds like it was an nVidia problem for you too, not a Win7 problem.
    You are prolly right, but it got so bad I couldn't even roll back the drivers. I used the earlier driver on the new install just to be safe and so far no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzin View Post

What driver version are you using? I'd like to try that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
    what Driver Version Are You Using? I'd Like To Try That One Too.

Godspeed - [DP]Dracus & [DP]BluePhantom
    Dag was here...ohhhh, so that's what that smell was.

my roommate is having this problem too.. but he has an ATI card and an AMD processor...

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

Thread Information