Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ban Appeal - BFBC2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rhuobhe

Default Ban Appeal - BFBC2

Hello,

I was kick/banned from your [DP] The Pentagon server today (6/9) at 10:50 AM.

I would like to argue that this judgement call was made hastily under less than ideal conditions for the DP admin who made the call.

Here are the circumstances surrounding the incident:
    I join the server, Atacama Desert is the map, I am on the Russian side.
    The Russians appear to be winning the match, although it didn't start too long before I joined.
    I join on a squadmate flying our Havoc between flag A and the US base. When I join he is shooting down an empty Apache in the US base.
    He turns around and starts flying toward B.
    I start gunning down people on the ground between A and B as my pilot flies around the map.
    My pilot takes a turn from B back toward A and flies about half way toward the US base.
    At this point, I notice the Apache is on the ground and about to take off.
    Not wanting to die, I shoot down the Apache as it takes off.
    A DP admin kick/bans me.

Mind you that I have only been on the server for about 3 minutes, and the Apache kill was kill #5 with 0 deaths. The US side was not doing so great and was having trouble capping any flags, but was not bound to their base (they had ground units sparsely spread out across the map).

My guess is that the DP admin might have been frustrated that his team was losing and since the Apache was technically in the US base when it was gunned down, he kick/banned me for it.

A few points:
    1) I was gunning, not flying our vehicle. I had no control over where the pilot decides to fly.
    2) If I had not destroyed the Apache it is quite likely that it would have started shooting at us. I strive for kills, not deaths (as I am sure you all do) Is it really fair to ask one to "sit there and not shoot the guy who poses a direct and immediate threat to you"?
    3) At the point when I was kicked, our vehicle was NOT inside/over the US base, it was hovering between the US base and flag A.
    4) There was no warning, or request to stop. I would have bailed out of the helo if my pilot flew back over A (when it was safe for me to do so) had we been warned and if he did not obey the request to stop.
    5) I play on your server regularly, and there have never been any problems until today.

Thanks.
    -Rhuobhe
    Last edited by Rhuobhe; 06-08-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Oberführer, Department of Forum Signatures Sparhawk's Avatar

Default Re: Ban Appeal - BFBC2

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Do you know which Admin it was that kick/banned you? Also have you been given a permanent ban or was it a single round ban?

Basically, our servers are not Hardcore mode so we really do attempt to avoid spawn camping at all costs and have a very dim view on this (if it was hardcore, you'd be able to set up a base, grill sausages and attack the crap out of people in the base... but it's not)

From reading your explanation, I appreciate that you were not the pilot in the chopper and admittedly, yes you do not have any control as to where you are flown to.

With regards to your pilot destroying an empty chopper... I guess it's not technically spawn camping as there was no one in there. As for you shooting down the chopper that had just taken off. Tough one really, you have a right to defend yourself against being shot down.

However, as much as you strive to gain kills over deaths, I would have possible hesitated a touch to allow the other chopper to reach a more level height with yourself or at least waited until fired upon. We DO permit killing in an uncap spawn if you are fired on first (dependent on situation)

As for your not being IN the uncap spawn, can't accept that I'm afraid... those Helis have a darn long range and there's nothing saying you have to be IN the uncap spawn. ;)

All this said, given your polite post here, I would be inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt on this occasion and would ask whichever admin it was who banned you to lift the ban. However this is at their discretion and maybe some private discussion between other admins.

If your ban is lifted, all we would ask is that you consider the situation, I'd rather take a death than be booted off a server. It probably all seems a little silly but we're all here for fun and K/D is probably not "the" most important aspect in our servers.. although I must admit I do get annoyed if I'm getting wasted but then it's normally down to my own fault :)

FAO DP: Could the admin who banned this guy consider the situation and lift the ban or post in private to discuss it (including logs)

A.K.A *The*Grim*Peeper* -- You may be a King or even a street sweeper but
    sooner or later, you'll meet the Peeper
    My Smugmug gallery

Banned

I wasn't online :( Ive been out all day no blaming it on me lol HEHE

Rhuobhe

I appreciate the prompt replies.

Unfortunatly I do not know who banned me, but it looks like the ban was either lifted or it was only for a single round (I did not know there are seperate ban options, I've never been on that side of a server before).

I do understand why the admin made the choice he did, and I will be mindfull of spawnkilling in the future. I only mentioned the pilot destroying the first apache to indicate that perhaps he was in a baserape state of mind (though baserape and spawnkilling are slightly different they are of the same mindset)

On a side note it is good to know you have a right to kill the enemy if they are shooting at you (situations where the enemy has a camping sniper shooting out of his base while I have only short/medium range weapons available comes to mind - it's good to know that there is an option to kill him/her then leave)

See you in-game.

Rhuobhe

Banned

Quick Recruit him lol So polite need these members!

Glad it's all sorted. :)

Did I get Spawnkilling/Baseraping in the same post..lol. I know what I meant :D.

Yeah, if you're being sniped from the uncap or someone is using a mounted MG, Stationary AT missile or whatever other method of attacking you from an uncap then you're allowed to get in, take out the guy and get out again. :)

My Smugmug gallery

Great to hear this has been sorted out. Kudos to all involved, this was a rather pleasant experience after the dust settled. Get back on the server and learn from your experience.
    The ark was built by a single motivated individual,
    ˙˙˙sןɐnpıʌıpuı pǝuıɐɹʇ ʎןɥƃıɥ ɟo dnoɹƃ ɐ ʎq 'ɔıuɐʇıʇ ǝɥʇ

Druming Along

Un fart the guy and clear the air, give him an application to join the guild. I dont play the game but was glad to have read this one.

If I was the gunner in that chopper I would have been shooting the fack out of vehicles in the base and anyone I saw. But I am a jerk like that and generally hate you all. /monkey

LOLOL Troll :D

My Smugmug gallery

Thread Information