Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Banned From BC2 Server - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Banned From BC2 Server

I'd also like to point out that there is a no baseraping/spawn killing rule in our server rules. So if you were possibly in the Uncap areas and killing you may have been kicked for that.

There's also the possibility that we needed room for an Admin and you were randomly selected.

Thanks for your patience as we look into this matter.

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

Banned

I think i know whats happened here i might be wrong but was he banned from a post made by yourself Dagwood. The post on the 7/7/2010.

I might be wrong as i say but i thought id check incase he was banned along with that post made!

Snippy

Oberführer, Department of Forum Signatures Sparhawk's Avatar

Hi SanitY, (sorry for the dissertation here)

Ok, first and foremost, thank you for posting and respecting our rules in the "have you been banned forum" It was I that banned you off the server and I'll explain why.

We ourselves are a fair group of players. We hate cheaters and would actively remove anyone from our own guild if ever suspected and caught. We do not cheat and although some of us are not the best players in the world, we get by and enjoy our game. Key word = Enjoy

The evening in question, every single time we spawned, we had barely taken a step or two and we were being one shot killed with sniper rifles from complete opposite ends of the map (through foliage) and also often from the hip at close quarters by yourself and LNC members. This removed the enjoy factor.

On occasions I had pumped tens and tens of rounds of MG36 magnum ammo into you and the LNC guys on a number of occasions only to be one shot killed from the hip. Other DP's reported similar situations with their respective weapons. At this point when it soon became very apparant that nothing much was going to change a decision was made collectively on TS to remove you and LMC from the server. Was it on suspicion of cheating? I would say on this occasion, Yes. As mentioned you were surviving MG36 fire from me and also fire from one of my guildmates FDR (Lvl 50 and damn hard to take down). To be honest for someone to survive that with a sniper was always going to rouse suspicions.

Although Ash3r said we suck, this is not the case. We hold our own on most occasions. That night was a bit different. 4 snipers, a couple hiding at distance and a couple running around on foot and surviving almost every time got ridiculous.

We have done a little bit of research and at this time, it really does look like you and the LNC guys are just like us in the fact that we like to game and despise cheaters. Therefore we will give you the benefit of the doubt.

As a result, I have lifted your Ban (let us know if it hasn't worked).

The situation is this! Our server is a Fun server, not hardcore mode. We promote fun and fair play. 4 Snipers on one team when there are only 4 or 5 people per team does NOT fit that category.

Running around with a sniper rifle firing from the hip is in our opinion, an exploit of a badly created weapon in the game. Additionally, if one team is being raped over and over, we will start moving people around (even if we are the team owning or being owned). If this is objected to or there is even a single negative comment about it, we will not hesitate to give you the opportunity to find a different server.

Similarly, we will put a stop to gameplay that we believe to be unfair and unsportsmanlike at our discretion. We pay so we make the rules.

So, apologies for your ban. You're welcome back but do consider the enjoyment of others.

Thanks.

A.K.A *The*Grim*Peeper* -- You may be a King or even a street sweeper but
    sooner or later, you'll meet the Peeper
    My Smugmug gallery

Well said Sparhawk.
    The ark was built by a single motivated individual,
    ˙˙˙sןɐnpıʌıpuı pǝuıɐɹʇ ʎןɥƃıɥ ɟo dnoɹƃ ɐ ʎq 'ɔıuɐʇıʇ ǝɥʇ

Banned

Well said spar! I as getting close on the trail!

Hopefully this whole process has kind of broadened your view of how things should be handled server side and by the so called 'custodians of a server'

All in all its a game and we play to have fun. Thanks for your patience and perhaps you can pass this along to your friends if they are also upset.

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

Nicelly done spar u birdie boy :P

Oberführer, Department of Forum Signatures Sparhawk's Avatar

LMAO Ize... fricken dry wet fish displaced Norswegian.. :D

A.K.A *The*Grim*Peeper* -- You may be a King or even a street sweeper but
    sooner or later, you'll meet the Peeper
    My Smugmug gallery

I would also like to bring to light multiple discussions where we balance 50's on both teams. This avoid the raping common with having 3+ 50's on a team while the other is 30's at most. This goes toward the fair play of the game we enjoy.

Thread Information