Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Gaming Laptop Suggestions Wanted - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    North American Rep Furious_George's Avatar

Default Re: Gaming Laptop Suggestions Wanted

I understand what a BD-ROM is there Kirium, the point that I am raising is that the average user will not use it at all and they tend be very expensive. DVD optical drivers are much more affordable.

Hey, if you have the cash to spend, go ahead and get a BD drive. I would rather keep the extra money in my pocket though.

<a href=http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1177809341 target=_blank>http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/for...9&d=1177809341</a>
    All great truths begin as blasphemes
    Sir George Bernard Shaw
    In Vino Veritas
    *wisper*Sword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Furious_George View Post
    I understand what a BD-ROM is there Kirium, the point that I am raising is that the average user will not use it at all and they tend be very expensive. DVD optical drivers are much more affordable.

Hey, if you have the cash to spend, go ahead and get a BD drive. I would rather keep the extra money in my pocket though.
    Just stating that "most" people think of blu-ray ONLY has a movie format and don't really it's really only the capacity of a disc which dictates it.

SEPIUS EXERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATER INFINITAS "Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Speaking of "burners," invest in a lap desk ($20 +/-). Those high-end laptops run crazy hot. Since you're gonna be on vacation I'm assuming you want Mrs. Ripper to rub Lil' Ripper for reasons other than applying burn cream.
    On the other hand (so to speak...), if it's hot enough it might iron the wrinkles out of your nutsack.
    Scorched Junkpile Zing!

"All of those that believe in telekinesis raise my right hand" - Steven Wright, genius

jacksena

Well you can purchase Dell laptop for better gaming support which have more specific features such as good graphics display, well supported HD games and Malware Removal antivirus security for further details you can contact to Dell Technical Support.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksena View Post
    Well you can purchase Dell laptop for better gaming support which have more specific features such as good graphics display, well supported HD games and Malware Removal antivirus security for further details you can contact to Dell Technical Support.

Is this legimate post or a virus scam? I don't think Dell technical people answer questions in game forums and the link provided looks like a malware injection site. The post should probably be deleted along with this one of mine so it's bogus link is gone also.

Ripper1302

For Sale: Liquid Cooling Unit PFPulse's Avatar

Rip,
    I've been gaming for a while now on my little Alienware m11x. I really like it.
    The thing is size. While a 17" is a bad ass, you pay for it in weight. Most 17" ones are like desktop replacements and are not really meant to be used as portable computers (other than they are easier to move than a desktop). Even some of the bad ass 15" ones are bulky...the m15x for example i about 10 or 12lbs. It is one of the reasons I went with the Alienware. Very small and portable, but pretty powerful. I have no issue running any game I regularly play at mostly maxed out specs. I've got a core i5 with an nVidia 335m about a year and a half old. My biggest real piece of advice is learn to love a trackball. I have a logitech wireless one I love and it took a bit to adjust, but it is rather difficult to use a mouse on a lap and god forbid trying to game with a damn trackpad.
    If I had to get another one, I'd probably still go with this m11x, I've been very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper1302 View Post
    Is this legimate post or a virus scam? I don't think Dell technical people answer questions in game forums and the link provided looks like a malware injection site. The post should probably be deleted along with this one of mine so it's bogus link is gone also.

Ripper1302
    The link goes to a webpage which according to whois information is valid until 2020. http://whois.domaintools.com/igennie.net 93% visitors from India, 1.9% from USA.

Thread Information