Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
QuakeCon 2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QuakeCon 2011

Default QuakeCon 2011

Registration is tonight 7PM Central.

Things you need to know about registration.
    http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/0...n-opens-today/

Things that have kept me off the forums for sometime.

I am finishing my degree (I have over 150 credit hours and no degree) before I get canned. Online classes until December and then I can finally graduate...after a sporadic 10 years of college.

My new team at work has forced me to do more work. Some of which I take home so I don't get to game much. Asia and Europe require early morning and late evening work schedule. Don't know why they can't just sleep through the day and work at night.

In the middle of planning QuakeCon...which actual consumes about 10-15 hours of my time a week and we are still over 60 days away. I can't say much but I think this time they are going "Bawls Deep!" with the con. Setup starts Monday at 8:00AM and I have to run two crews this year.

When info becomes more public then I will give it to you but right now we are on Double Top Secret hold for giving out info. I can say I was a bit surprised at what is coming this year. I think the problems of the past are going to be shut out this time around...barring Murphy showing up.

"Someone once said...size doesn't matter...it's the way you use it. That person apparently had a tiny pecker." - Defender2803

Default Re: QuakeCon 2011

sounds fun, venue still at the Anatole or at Gaylord? Glass Cactus is a fantastic place to party by the way..

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

Quote Originally Posted by Depthcharge View Post
    sounds fun, venue still at the Anatole or at Gaylord? Glass Cactus is a fantastic place to party by the way..
    Anatole...

Remember the smoking area...well...

http://yfrog.com/h4dxjmij

Air conditioning the whole way in now.

"Someone once said...size doesn't matter...it's the way you use it. That person apparently had a tiny pecker." - Defender2803

one of these years I will get back to Qcon

Yeah - I feel the same way. Not this year though. If the world doesn't end in 2012, maybe I will go then.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

[DP]Andy Cap

Maybe :P

Maybe we should start planning another DP reunion next summer?

From the QuakeCon website...

Get ready for the most connected and social QuakeCon ever. At this year’s show, we’ve partnered with AT&T and are using their U-verse High Speed Network, which will ensure five times the bandwidth ever made available at QuakeCon.

I will put it this way...I know what we are getting and even I was like "Dammmnn...!" Should be a good year as long as we don't have any FAIL on the network.

haha always fun to see Defender running around and talking about the beer room lol

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

Quote Originally Posted by Depthcharge View Post
    haha always fun to see Defender running around and talking about the beer room lol
    Did you go?

I took my laptop so I couldn't play anything but QuakeLive and Quake 2. Apparently people were actually playing on servers OUTSIDE the con. My average speeds were around 65MB down and 35MB up.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT WAS AWESOME! I got plastered and lost like 5 lbs due to the work we had to do.

They do this next year and you guys need to show up...and volunteer. They gave out 250GB Intel SSD's, 3 $3000 laptops, shit down of video cards and mice. Some guys actually gave back prizes because they already won stuff. We didn't have half the volunteers we normally have so a lot of people tripled, quadrupled, or more on prizes.

I am so exhausted. Think I may be still drunk.

Thread Information