Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Excel question(s)

Default Excel question(s)

Here's what I would like to do.

1) a page with checkable items such as Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie, Cherry Pie, etc.
    2) a page which would list ingredients based on what I checked on page 1 & # of pies (2 apple would give 2x ingredients, etc)
    3) a list of all ingredients for pies

For example, I pick 1 Apple pie. The list should then come up with apples, cinnamon, sugar, etc etc.

Obviously I'm not a baker so I'm using pies as an example of something that has multiple parts to it in order to make a whole. Problem is, I'm not that great in excel and I'm not sure what to call this style of charting in order to look it up. I'm also not sure if this can be done in excel or would access be a better place for it?

Default Re: Excel question(s)

Way over my skill level. I suspect you can do a macro for it but not easy. Post up if you find it I would like to know myself.

North American Rep Furious_George's Avatar

Microsoft Excel for dummies. I plan on buying a copy one of these days

<a href=http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1177809341 target=_blank>http://dpworldgaming.dpguild.net/for...9&d=1177809341</a>
    All great truths begin as blasphemes
    Sir George Bernard Shaw
    In Vino Veritas
    *wisper*Sword of the Stars

I can likely get you an answer tonight. Excel is my bitch.
    "War...war never changes."

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Here's what I would like to do.

1) a page with checkable items such as Apple Pie, Blueberry Pie, Cherry Pie, etc.
    2) a page which would list ingredients based on what I checked on page 1 & # of pies (2 apple would give 2x ingredients, etc)
    3) a list of all ingredients for pies

For example, I pick 1 Apple pie. The list should then come up with apples, cinnamon, sugar, etc etc.

Obviously I'm not a baker so I'm using pies as an example of something that has multiple parts to it in order to make a whole. Problem is, I'm not that great in excel and I'm not sure what to call this style of charting in order to look it up. I'm also not sure if this can be done in excel or would access be a better place for it?
    I'm working a lot in Access and ASP.NET in one of the classes I'm in right now, let me know if can't get the Excel thing working.

Vim Vi Repellere Licet

Have you tried to look for Excel templates? There may be something like this out there pre done for you.

http://www.chefs-resources.com/Recipe-Templates-Excel
    Last edited by Dagwood; 04-17-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    The ark was built by a single motivated individual,
    ˙˙˙sןɐnpıʌıpuı pǝuıɐɹʇ ʎןɥƃıɥ ɟo dnoɹƃ ɐ ʎq 'ɔıuɐʇıʇ ǝɥʇ

Dag, not bad and kind of what I'm looking for.

On the NWN only Andrewz and I play on now (Andy? Rabid? anyone?), there are upgrades to gear you collect items for. For instance, upgrade 440 On Hit: Poison DC14. This requires you to give a DM a bag containing 5 poisons any kind, 2 dried spiders, 1 Blood Magic, 2 Dragon's Blood, 2 Sorgath Holy Symbols, 2 emeralds, and 10,000 gold.

What I'm looking to do is select the various upgrades I want, either 1 or 27 different ones, and based on what I picked, it creates a recipe item list. So say I select 5 different upgrades, then my list would have for instance 22 Blood of Magic, 17 dragon's blood, etc. That's what I'm shooting for.

Thread Information