Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New computer build specs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New computer build specs

Quote Originally Posted by Blatherbeard View Post
    I nearly spit my drink out when i searched that card and saw it on amazon for over 500 bucks!
    Yeah, it was expensive but should last me a long time.....and it's quiet, which is what I wanted. A really fast, really quiet card. It's also huge at 3 slots wide but did I mention it's really quiet?

Just my opinion but I would go for a 2 GB DDR5 7970 over the 7950. The 50 is the lower end model of the 7900 series and the GB in graphics won't even be notices with the 16 GB ram and the 8 cores on that processor
    "War...war never changes."

and it would seem new egg doesn't have it. The store I get parts from has it but its expensive. The reason I bring this up is the XX70 radeons process far better than the XX50 models. You will notice the difference
    "War...war never changes."

It is looking like a nice build. The only thing I could recommend is to get a blue ray drive. Either a separate one, replace your optical drive for a blue ray / dvd burner combo. I overlooked that on my build and I realize that I will probably end up ordering one in the near future.

Blu-ray drives at TigerDirect are like 40-100 bux. I just picked up an internal 14x blu-ray writer for $60. Also upgrading to 16GB for system.

Thread Information