Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

It's Haswell day - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DP Guild Member

Default Re: It's Haswell day

Dags from what I've read the fluid in your cooler should be changed now and again, for better cooling and to slow or defeat any corrosion with something to kill the algae... At least that was my take on the discussion.

Wouldn't it make sense to jump to a 2011 board and simply run behind the front line of processors for a few years if I wanted to be cheap?
    Or I can simply stay AMD and get the FX-8350 for literally half the cost, put the savings into faster ram, video cards and eye candy... which as it stands right now is what I'm leaning towards.

Ehh, not impressed with the Haswell specs so far. Seems like a rebranding of the Ivy Bridge chips (for desktops anyways, apparently Haswell is going to be the bee's knees for laptops though)... and they even changed the socket again. Ugh.

[DP] West Jack-of-All-Trades (no pun intended)

"The only thing I know is that I know nothing." -Socrates

JW, The cooling system I had was a sealed unit. I thought it was more trustworthy but after googling ECO ALC coolit leaks I am quite impressed at how long it actually lasted. Over two years.

After further analysis it looks like the leak originated from the pump area that contacts the chip area. It is a built up block and pumps fluid out to the cooler.

The new mb and cpu are super and the Noctua cooling system NH-D14 works fantastic. Not much room for memory sticks but I managed to wedge it all in. I have some more 4 pin pwm fans on the way to finish off the install.

Overall, I like the new setup and it was probably time anyway.
    The ark was built by a single motivated individual,
    ˙˙˙sןɐnpıʌıpuı pǝuıɐɹʇ ʎןɥƃıɥ ɟo dnoɹƃ ɐ ʎq 'ɔıuɐʇıʇ ǝɥʇ

http://techreport.com/news/24950/int...d-haswell-cpus

In summary,

- Intel has disabled limited multiplier control for non-K CPUs.
    - The K-series parts lack the support for transactional memory extensions and VT-d device virtualization included with standard Haswell CPUs.

JC's Conclusion

Damn them, damn them all to hell!

Siggy.

Thread Information