Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Win7 Admin Accounts broken?

Default Win7 Admin Accounts broken?

My work laptop had a VERY unusual issue. We have our normal log into the box admin. We have our corporate login. There's an admin account for our login (extra letters so instead of lincoln it would be lincolnabc). There's a 3rd type of admin account. There's the network chief's admin login.

We are trying to start a service in Windows. That's it.
    Log into the laptop directly as the Depot (admin) account. No privileges to make change.
    Log into the laptop as my normal "lincoln" account. No privileges to make change.
    Log into the laptop as my admin account. lincolnabc. No privileges to make change.
    Log into the laptop as other admin account lincolndef. No privileges to make change.
    Activate default Administrator account that comes with Windows. Same issue.
    Network chief, who can change anything on the network normally. Same issue.

We took the laptop off the network and put it in a different workgroup. Same issue.
    We put the laptop back onto the corp domain in hopes of refreshing the users. Same issue.

So in short, no matter who logs in from God privilege to the depot box login.... no ability to make the change.

Profiles are not corrupted. Verified it.
    No group policies installed either locally or by network.
    Registry is correct for all accounts.
    Profiles are associated correctly to admin groups, etc.

I'm stumped. Even if you create a new admin it still has the limitations. I think it has to be bricked and started with a fresh rebuild. Nothing else I can think of.

Anyone have ideas?

Default Re: Win7 Admin Accounts broken?

Is this service a default windows service, or one that was added as part of a software installation/configuration? Actually upon reading your post again I noticed that you already had confirmed the registry permissions. That was my guess. That somehow the permissions on the particular service regkey needed to be reset. I think you probably have the right idea with a quick rebuild. Sometimes it is just the faster method to wipe it clean and re-image rather than spending hours to figure out why one service has gone haywire.

Does this service have a dependency that is limiting it? Perhaps it relies on some other service or process that is disabled?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

[DP]Andy Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Vargus View Post
    Sometimes it is just the faster method to wipe it clean and re-image rather than spending hours to figure out why one service has gone haywire.
    That's been my mantra for years.

Siggy.

Wound up rebuilding the box. Works much better now.

Linc, call me next time. I have a few utilities that can sort all that out without doing a rebuild.

[DP]Depthcharge

"History Is Written By The Victors"

Thread Information